websites & articles
- Solitude/Hitbodedut Blog - this contains many excepts from books and writings on Jewish meditation with an emphasis on the chasidic side.
- What makes Jewish Meditation Unique, by Gutman Locks
sources (materials from these books were used in the slides and lecture)
- Jewish Meditation: A Practical Guide, by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan, (Schocken Books). Though Rabbi Kaplan gives a thorough introduction to the topic, he also gets a bit too deep for our liking on the mystical/transcendental side of meditation. We do not recommend all of these practices.
- Outpouring of the Soul, Translated to English by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan, (Breslov Research Institute).
- Jewish Meditation - Hisbodedus: The Lost Path of Secluded Meditation, by Tal Moshe Zwecker (available in ebook form for the Kindle only on amazon.com. Don't have a Kindle? You can download a free Kindle reader for your computer and buy the book for $9.95 and read it on your computer)
other recommended books
- Be Still and Get Going: A Jewish Meditation Practice for Real Life, by Rabbi Alan Lew
- Jewish Meditation Practices for Everyday Life: Awakening Your Heart, Connecting with God, Rabbi Jeff Roth